Thursday, March 31, 2011

THRIFT STORE SCORE #4

Happy Day friends!  I hit the thrifts yesterday and I must be out of sorts because all I came home with was this...

A floral duvet cover.  I love the flowery softness of it and I thought hey!  How about some cute pajama pants with a ruffly  hem.  I would have more than enough to do a couple of matching tank tops too!

I find that instead of using a pattern to sew clothing, I just take apart an item which fits well, press the pieces and trace that onto patternmaker.  I then place the pattern in a ziploc bag for future reference.

I like the fabric of this duvet cover so much, that I will use the remainder of it for a raggy quilt.  So, there you have it....even though I came home with one thing, I can turn it into several things!

No comments:

Post a Comment