Saturday, June 8, 2013

THE ROAD TO HEALTH

Hello everyone... I hope this post is informative and uplifting to those who are still reading this blog.  I continue to juice veggies and I am enjoying the vim and vigor that it gives me.  Swimming with my buddy Sharon is top priority right now because it keeps me mobile and does wonders for my mental health.  I cannot tell you how great it feels when I slide into the water and my joints do not hurt.
 
The process of "downsizing" is ongoing here at the bungalow.  We are preparing to move within the next couple of years and so, it is time to cast off all the material possessions we no longer need or want.  It is a process that is both difficult and exhilarating at the same time.  When I look at something I have had packed away, it would seem certain memories are attached to that object.  BUT, I soon realize that the memories are in my mind and not in the object.  So I detach from it and feel great with the open space that is left when said object is gone.  Who would have thought that possessions can bog us down so!

For some time now, I have had difficulty with having the desire to create with my hands.  It is as though I have been blocked.  The funny thing is that the more I declutter, the more creative I am becoming.  I guess that with less crap to deal with, the more I can concentrate on making beautiful things again.  And of course, the healthier I feel, the more energy I can expend on relationships, creating beauty and writing on this blog!

My weight continues to be a challenge for me.  I liken weight loss to quitting smoking.  Keep trying til you are successful.  I have found inspiration from "Dave The Raw Food Trucker."  He is on facebook and youtube.  His story is awesome and the journey he shares is truly remarkable.  Juicing saved his life and the people he has met have helped him on his path to wellness.

So folks, this is me today... on my path to well-being and good health.  I wish you all a beautiful day and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, hello. You requested me to let you know when the French Hen pattern was available, and this is me letting you know that it is available! :-) May God bless you on your path to better health. I'm on that path too! It's a journey.

    ReplyDelete