Monday, January 31, 2011

LITTLE MISS K


This is my beloved grand-daughter Kennedy.  She is my heart.  From the moment I first saw her I was totally and completely in love with her.  She is smart, funny, beautiful and very thoughtful.
I have always wanted to be a really good grandmother.  I wanted to teach my girl how to appreciate nature, how to sew and cook and paint, to love books and many of the good things I have learned throughout my life.  Hopefully, I have accomplished much of this.  The other day she asked me.."Nanny, are you a teacher?"  I replied, "Well, sort of...yes, I guess you could say that I am."  And she said, "I think that you are a good teacher.  You teach kids how to sew and cook and stuff."   I said "thank you Sweetie. that makes Nanny feel really good". 
Tears welled up in my eyes.  Tears of joy, of gratitude and love.  Yup, I know why I am here on this earth.... to learn, to love, to teach.  And to be here for little Miss K.



"To teach is to learn twice."  ~  Joseph Joubert

No comments:

Post a Comment