Sunday, April 3, 2011

A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!

Hey all!  For those of you who read this blog, you know that I really love this town I live in.  I guess there are a few more folks who love it too,  for it has been voted in the top 25 best places to live in Canada.

It's rugged wilderness, natural resources and multi cultural people together make for a most beautiful city.  Situated between two lakes, in the Laurentian mountain foothills, the "Bay" is a great place for anyone to call home.  Three generations of my family have called it home and it is my hope that future generations will too.

Sadly, many of our young people have had to leave due to limited job opportunities, but hopefully this will change in the near future as more and more people learn about our fair city.  Of course, I would hate to see any polluting factories coming here to sully the environment for our clean air and water are what we really have going for us among other things.

There is a thriving arts community here and the talent I have seen is second to none.  Actually, I feel that our city will become a "retirement community" with the baby boomers leaving the larger centers in search of a quality environment to spend their "golden years".

I wanted to dedicate this post to the place I call home.  I feel a part of the land here, like it owns me rather than the other way round.  For those of you in other parts of the world, if ever you get a chance to come to Northern Ontario Canada, do not hesitate.  You will be welcome and I know that you will have a wonderful time.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now you've got me curious. I saw the list of most popular places to live in Canada and Toronto didn't do so well - not that it is too surprising. I can see you really enjoy living where you do. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Grace. It is a great place indeed. Thanks so much for your comment.

    ReplyDelete