Friday, February 11, 2011

SPRING!

Our sweet girl Miss K made this outstanding piece of art....


Yes, we are ready for spring!!!  I cannot wait for the sun's rays to grow stronger and all this snow to melt away revealing the ground beneath. 
Yesterday, I went thrifting.  I had to get out of the house for a bit despite the attack of gout I am enduring at the moment.  YAOOOOWZA... does it hurt!  Anyways, I didn't get much at the thrift store, but I did run into some very interesting people.  We discussed depression and it never ceases to amaze me that there are so many people who suffer from it.  One in five Canadians have it and I suspect the number could be higher.  It is not talked about enough.  We must remove the stigma attached to the words "mental illness".  Anyways, the discussion I had with one lovely lady regarding her struggle and that of her family members, was a memorable one.  And it meant so much to me that she felt comfortable enough to share.  She too had one thing in the forefront of her mind and that was SPRING!  It seems everyone I met yesterday is thinking about the same thing.... they are ready for the snow to go!
But I will say this, and that is I love the seasons we have here.  The anticipation of the coming season is a big part of that love.  I have to say that spring is my favorite with fall running a close second.  Extreme temps are not my cup of tea. 
Anyways, there you have it... a mixed bag for today's post.  I hope your day is a beautiful one dear readers.

"If we had no winter, the spring wouldn't be so pleasant:  if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity wouldn't be so welcome."  ~ Anne Bradstreet

"Winter is on my head but eternal spring is in my heart."  ~ Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment