Thursday, February 17, 2011

WOODEN WINDOW VALANCE

I was looking at this nice blog when I came across a wood window valance which matched my headboard that hubby and I made...
I ♥ naptime: Tutorial: How to make a wood valance window treatm...:

I thought wow, let's get at this!  So, off to the buildit centre I went.  In the back by the saw, I found some pieces of mdf board which were perfect for this project.  I got several boards for 5.00!!!! Woot!  I am always scavaging the scraps at these lumber places for cheap materials.
I am so in love with this project, that I want to make these valances for every window in the bungalow!  I have a simple white roller shade on my bedroom window at the moment.  This valance includes a place to accept a curtain rod as you can see in the pics at the above link.  I have some sand colored linen drapery fabric to sew up some curtains which should be nice with the blue walls.  Very beachy.
In case you are wondering about the cupboard makeover saga......stay tuned... it could take a while.. a ..very... long....while.  It's just how I roll sometimes.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present." 
~Buddha

1 comment: