Monday, February 28, 2011

WOOL ON WOOL APPLIQUE


Any form of recycling is good.  Collecting old woolies and making quilts or appliqued projects is a craft that I find really fun.  Pictured above is an assembly of woolie flowers for a sunny yellow blanket.


This pillow (a gift from an acquaintance)  is a great example of a simple style made from recycled woolies.  The stitching is a primitive applique stitch which looks like a blanket stitch, but goes much quicker.

Here is that happy sunny yellow blanket with the flowers sewn on and some vines and leaves added.  A project like this done in winter is such an uplifting sight!  Lovely, lovely color.


This blanket was a project I made for use out in my garage when the cool nights set in.  Come spring, I spend alot of time out there.   It really is cheerful isn't it?  Needlework like this is so relaxing.  I need to do more of it really.



Just imagine this pillow in the colors of your choice.... you could choose just a couple of your faves and use different textures of wool.  Or even cottons.  But wool is nicer...you don't have to turn under the edges. I think a pillow like this would look great on a white sofa!  Perhaps Miss Molly needs a large one for a dog bed/lounger.  hmmmm......



Here is a WIP (work in progress).  Actually I am playing with colors here for a pillow.  The color combinations make my blood rush!  Nearly all the wool is recycled.  I have a particular fondness for wool scarves from the GAP.  Some things just give me endorphins! lol...

In other news, my first interview for the VIP feature of this blog went extremely well but I have to postpone publishing it.  The lady who is the subject needs to ok it, but has flown to the Barbados for a little holiday.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, thank you for the sweet comments you left for me on my blog. I do try to stay in "the now". I esp. try to stay out of the "what if's"!
    It's scary but I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Somewhere!

    In all honestly, the more my Dr. drops the dosage of my medication, the better I feel. Once I get through the withdrawals.

    Your blog and your stitching is wonderful! I'm following you and I added a link to the sidebar on my blog!

    It's nice to meet you and I will be back!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheryl@bungalowonbankFebruary 28, 2011 at 6:38 AM

    Oh Pam..so nice to "meet" you too. I am happy to hear you are starting to feel better. I love your blog and admire your considerable talent! I look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,
    I love your use of the old wool fabric. Anytime fabric can be used (and re-used) without having to hem/turn it under is a good thing, too! I usually just turn wool fabric pieces into blankets with a simple hem but these flowers are much sweeter. I may have to borrow your blogging term "WIP" since I have lots of those around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheryl@bungalowonbank.blogspotFebruary 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM

    thanks Sara!

    ReplyDelete