Thursday, March 17, 2011

CHALLENGING TIMES

Hello Dear Friends!  This post is a little more serious in nature.  I would like to pose a question to you, who read this blog. 

How do you cope with challenging times?   Are you a person of faith?  Do you cope by staying busy? 

I tend to cope with most challenges in the same way.  First off, I STOP.  BREATHE.  THINK.  Depending on what the nature of the challenge is will depend on how I cope.  But,  I do depend on God.  I also believe that we are given common sense, reason, rationality and a sound mind with which to deal with most anything. 

In recent times, we have seen the devastation in Japan, Haiti, the Gulf.... I could go on, but the point is, these crisis and challenges big and small seem to always be with us.  And it can be weighing us down.  Or, we can just take it in stride, one thing at a time, one day at a time, one breath at a time.  And all the while remembering the beauty, the goodness, the purity and the joy that can be ours.

I heard something once by a motivational speaker and I shall always remember it... he said: "If I can look up, I can get up and if I can get up, I can go on!"

Oh how I love that saying.  It really spoke to my heart.  I think of it often.  These words, this sentiment, the love that is behind the willingness to share them... oh, how I would love to send these to those who are suffering in this world.

And so, if any of you are suffering with your own crisis, this is my little gift to you today.  Given with an open loving heart.

Happy Day All

No comments:

Post a Comment