Tuesday, March 22, 2011

STUFF THAT GOT AWAY...

Every now and again, I will sell something at the bungalow that I really should have kept.  Like this....

This chair was sooo comfy.  And well made.  I hadn't really planned on selling it, but, someone came by the garage, liked it and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Oh well....

And then there was this....


A really nice functional little chest of drawers which is becoming hard to find these days.  They are so cute all painted up with nice glass knobs. Sigh.

Lastly, I sold this gem and again....I regret it. 


The Ikea Tulsta chair with not one but TWO slipcovers!  GACK!  I really regret not holding onto this chair because there isn't an Ikea in these parts of the country.  I would have to travel for 4 hours to get to one.  These little chairs are so versatile .... they can fit into any space, they are comfy and you can't beat the slipcover thing for easy cleaning.

Yes, some things I sell and I wish I hadn't BUT they are only things and can be replaced.  I met some great people through selling these items too.  And some times I really need some cash and so I am thankful that I had something to sell!

The best part is when I hear from someone who bought something from me say "Gee, I always remember when I bought "such and such" from you.  I always think of you when I look at it."  That makes me smile and any regret about selling the "such and such" goes right out the window.

3 comments:

  1. The chair on top does look very comfy!! But selling and having the cash is a good thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maya! Ain't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh ! those are the Ikea chairs I want !

    ReplyDelete